Sunday, September 1, 2013

One Cameron Up On The Crazy Factor

If you've been keeping up with us, you are already aware that we've been doing some pretty unconventional home improvement projects. Did you see these those couch pictures in my post last week?

This time, I may be able to one up Cameron on the crazy factor.


Do you see two rugs in this picture? (Ok, ok, the one on the right is really just a piece of industrial carpet we bought from Lowe's). But it WILL be a rug, darn it!  I've been reading up on how to paint carpet. And am thinking about giving it a try. Spray Paint + Carpet = Unique piece of art or utter Disaster? Only time will tell. Buying unbound carpet is so much cheaper than buying a fully finished rug. But it's a lot uglier too. While we agree on frugality, Cameron is much more willing to embrace the college student dorm-room look than I am. (It's an understandable shame that our lease stipulates 80% rug coverage of our floors.)

Lest you think I'm going into this completely foolhardily, I do have a practice mat that I'll guinea pig up before fully committing to this project. This blog also has a good tutorial. Wish me luck.

P.S.

For spontenaity's sake. Look at the train station I use to get to work. Doesn't it remind you of Monopoly?


That's about it for my show and tell.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! I appreciate your creativity and can't wait to see the finished product!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete