January 24, 219
Yesterday was my last day at work, and my coworkers spoiled me with a little going away party. The friendship and trusting/open-to-discussion atmosphere I have felt over the past few years at Saint Vincent Hospital has been incredible. It’s so rare to find a group of people like this in a working environment. Saint Vincent has a special place in my heart for many reasons: it was while working here that I was able to go through medical treatments to get my babies; I love that the hospital still clings to its faith-based legacy - I loved having prayers in the hospital; I got a broad range of experience in my tasks; and it was nice to feel like there were genuinely GOOD people working in the hospital; and a few lunch dates with hubby didn’t hurt 🙂 I have learned so much about kindness from the people I was lucky to work with. After Marshall was born, I was fortunate to cut back to a part-time basis and enjoy the best of both worlds. I didn’t feel like I was missing much of Marshall’s babyhood, and I still got adult interaction, mental stimulation, and a little financial gain 🙂 I discovered that I do love working, and wanted to keep my foot in the workplace. If I’m being completely honest, this transition to being a SAHM is going to be a bit tough. I know that change is good (and heaven knows I have a lot of it coming my way with a new baby and a move) but contributing financially to our little family was a part of my “identity” for so long. As I make this transition, I’m going to have to find new ways to fill our days, and probably make more of an effort to find play-date friends and “mom” friends (I’ve been kind of bad at that). I’m still very lucky in many ways. But change is hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment