Monday, September 3, 2018

One Year

Marshall turned one on July 28. And although it is cliche when people say, "the day you were born was the happiest day of my life," I do think back on that day fondly. It was all so exciting and special!

I haven't been as diligent as I should be about writing Marshall's milestones. So I'm going to do my best to re-capture some of them in rapid fire format.

  • Marshall started taking his first steps at the end of June 2018. However, he reallly started walking FAST and consistently in early August, right after Cameron left for a five-week study program
  • Marshall didn't get teeth till he was about 9 months old, I think. But They came in FAST! He has 6 teeth right now.
  • I thought Marshall's first word was "dog." But I haven't heard him say it convincingly in quite a while so now I'm not so sure. He definitely knows the word "uh oh." And liked to drop things to show that he knows the word :)
  • Some of his favorite foods are blueberries, string cheese, and black beans. He also likes straws, and stealing a sip of mom's sugar drinks  (milkshake, ICEE, you get the picture...) if he can get the chance.
  • He often says "mmm" or "yum" after taking a bite.
  • He is starting to watch everything I do and mimic me. I was making a salad last week, and dropped lettuce on the floor. I picked it up to throw it away, but I must have missed a piece, because I turned around and saw Marshall throwing lettuce in the trash. My heart! He spilled a baby food pouch on the carpet today, and I got some baby wipes to help clean it up. He grabbed one and started scrubbing too. He is such a good helper!
  • Marshall is a fantastic sleeper, and has been a good sleeper for quite a while now (maybe since six months-ish? I can't remember completely). He can take two 2-hour naps AND sleeps 11-ish hours through the night.
  • He likes to point at things and say "this." It's a good opportunity to teach words.
  • Sometimes he will tug at the oven, and I know he's hungry. He likes to pick out his own food. And lately, he hasn't liked to stay in his high-chair.
  • At the ned of August Marshall had a pretty bad fever. I took him to urgent care, and their thermometer read 104! The doctor sent us to the ER, which was kind of scary for mom. But after a few days of antibiotics (and wresting them into him) he was doing much better.
  • He loves Sesame Street and screen time. (Bring on the mom guilt.)
  • Church is a struggle. I get it now.
  • He loves to play with Bizmark, read books, and go outside.
  • He got a chocolate cake for his birthday, and some of my family came up to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment