Sunday, March 27, 2016

This started out as a facebook post . . . but it ended up being long enough that I justified turning it into a long overdue blog update

What's on my mind Facebook asks? Here's a few things:

1. Maybe it's too much Shark Tank, but I love the idea of owning my own business. Maybe someday I'll think of an idea worthy of the risk, but until that time, here I am.

2. I haven't cut my hair in about 15 months. I feel like my hair is never able to grow any longer than the point it's at right now, but I'm willing to keep trying a while longer. Also, I haven't colored my hair in over two years. While I love playing with color, it's so much up-keep and so expensive to do it right.

3. I love the idea of being a schnauzer breeder. Animal activists must hate me for saying that. I'd love to write more about this, but I fear the impending wrath! 

4. Speaking of dogs, I feel like mine has been pretty easy to train. I seriously think I have the best dog in the world. And I LOVE the dog park. Watching dogs run in a pack is so cool! Plus I get to admire Great Danes from a distance.  (Cameron and I both love the breed, but  we realized that getting one would probably increase our food budget by 50% I'm only kind of kidding.) Plus, as the owner of a Great Dane told me, if the first two years of your Great Dane puppy's life don't kill you, nothing will. 

5. I've also thought about going back to school, but I get hung up on what field to pursue. I actually love the idea of learning a trade. X-ray tech? Cosmetology? Ultrasound tech? Teaching certificate? Several months ago I thought about mortician school, but it doesn't seem to be a promising route. Plus I kind of want the extra cash that I can gain from working at this stage in my life. But it's fun to think about. Clearly I'm open to all sorts of crazy ideas, what would you do if you had to go back to school?

6. I started a garden! It's kind of a new hobby (but my herb garden last spring was a success, so I figure it's time to upgrade to the big league.) So we'll see how it goes. I doubt cantaloupe will be a success, but we dream big right? haha. My sprouts have already begun to pop up. I love the idea of replenishing the earth in this way. It makes me want to be a hippy. 

7. Lately I've had a desire to find friends that are in the same stage of life as me. I know this isn't necessary in order to form deep friendships, and I definitely have a few few good momma friends! (I even went to my first baby shower here in Erie and actually had fun!) There's something that makes me feel on the outside knowing that I can't relate to any conversations about pregnancy right now. Sometimes it's nice to feel like you "fit in." #ShouldIStillBeHavingTeenageProblemsAtThisAge? #IsItTotallyInappropriateToUseHashTagsInABlog? To that end, I found an infertility support group in Erie ... what a blessing! And for the first time in what feels like ages, I went out to dinner with a group of women who also didn't have any kids. I need to learn that just because I miss out on playdate and daytime activities, doesn't mean that it is impossible to find friends. I'm grateful for the support I"m beginning to find in the community, and I hope to continue to reach out more through these avenues. 

8. I'm so so soooo ready for the end of May to be here and for school to be done (at least for a little while). 

9. While I'm on this "getting to know you" stream of consciousness ... I also love the idea of fostering, (my heart goes out to older children in the system, the ones almost no one want to adopt. And I read an article about a woman who would rock little babies who were born addicted to crack, and that sounded like the saddest, but most loving job in the world). But right now is likely not the time or season. Fostering can come with it's own set of challenges, challenges that might not be conducive to medical school right now.

10. It was Easter today! I'm determined to keep traditions alive. Huzzah for potato salad and my token Easter artichoke! (And a last minute splurge on way to much Cadbury. One bag for you, and one all for me. And a couple of the creme eggs...I mean, I know there's better chocolate out there, but these little suckers only come out once  a year!!!  Sometimes I think about my friends I made on the chocolate factory line. That was such a neat little job. I miss chatting with those ladies :(

No comments:

Post a Comment