Monday, October 5, 2015

October 2015 Update

It's less than a week until my sister gets married. I am so excited! It's going to be such a fun weekend. Honestly, though, I'll be a little sad when it's over. We've been looking forward to it for such along time! I was able to go home recently for her bridal shower which was so fun! I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but this is actually the first time I have ever been in a bridal party. I was able to get to know some of Mackenzie's other bridesmaids at the shower, and she has such fun friends. I'm seriously a little jealous :)

Prior to the shower, I was looking on Pinterest for bridal shower gift ideas. (Dangerous I know.) I came across this tutorial on how to make a wedding advent calendar. I was convinced that this would be the most fun thing ever! I love getting little presents, so I hoped Kenzie would too. I emailed the other bridesmaids, and they were so willing to participate. One of her former roommates even shipped stuff to my house from Idaho! I was impressed.

Here is how it turned out.


I'm hoping Kenzie is up to date on opening her presents, because if she isn't, there's probably going to be some spoilers.

Some of the fun little items included thing like:

(Lindt chocolates, a notepad, gum, tissues with the monogram of her new last name, beauty supplies, etc.)

Moving from Greensburg to Erie has been fun in the sense that there are so many more eating/shopping opportunities here. Case in point: I had WAY too much fun at Hobby Lobby prepping for this this project. I didn't realize that Hobby Lobby is so superior to any other craft store. I was expecting a Michael's or Jo-Ann experience. Not so, my friends, it was so much better!

In other news, after over a year without a haircut, Cameron finally gave in. He had a goal to donate his hair to an organization like Locks of Love. LECOM was starting to breathe down his neck on the matter, and Cameron gave in since he thought he finally had enough to donate. Locks of Love's length requirement is a little to hard for him to meet, but we think he meets the minimum length requirements for one of the following organizations:

Little Princess Trust in the UK asks for 7 inches
Pantene Great Lengths in the US asks for 8
Children with Hairloss in the US also asks for 8
360 Hair in Canada asks for only 6 inches, but their website seemed a little suspect to me.
Finally, while Dream Love Cure has a longer length requirement, they are able to sell hair that is 6-10 inches at fair market price to subsidize operating expenses. I'm not sure if it's true . . . but someone online said that good long hair can go for $500. I wonder what these shorter lengths would get?

We need to measure his "ponytail" still . . . but I think he will likely hit one of these length requirements.

This is one of the reasons I love Cameron. How many men can say they donated their hair? It's kind of entertaining to me. I love him so much.


The lady who cut his hair totally gave him a legit mullet during the harvesting process. He has photos. Maybe I'll see if I can get my hands on one of the mullet photos. It's pretty bad.


1 comment:

  1. Courtney, you are such a doll ! What a cute bridal gift! I can't wait to see you, my beautiful niece! Love you!

    ReplyDelete