Halloween is our favorite holiday. Cameron and I both love the opportunity to dress up. Eat candy. You know the drill. Last year, however, was a total bust. It was one of the very few years where I didn't get to dress up. Heck. I even dressed up as a missionary. We were in a trio at the time. It worked out great.
But last year, I was working for a political advertising company, and with the election being so close, my hours were ridiculous, and there just wasn't time to celebrate like we usually would.
However, the year before that (2011), Cameron and I were still dating. We had fun going to the thrift stores and picking out stuff to make costumes.
Cameron was a flamboyant pirate, inspired by Tobias Fünke of Arrested Development. And I was inspired by Hitchcock's The Birds. (All the couples in this group ended up married, by the way!)
So I've been asking myself . . . what are we going to do this year? I'm sad to report, that unfortunately, our plans may not end up being very exciting. Cameron has three tests close to Halloween, and it doesn't look like this will be the year to celebrate like we'd love to.
I'm hoping we may get a chance to go to Eastern State Penitentiary. The haunted part seems a little too creepy for me . . . which is saying something, because I usually LOVE haunted events. It's just that sometimes, the real live haunted places get to me. Sometimes it's just not pretend at that point. But the daytime tour looks interesting too. Al Capone was an inmate here at one point. So that should be creepy, right?
If we had even MORE time, this would be my wish list of activities in the Philadelphia area. Fingers crossed we'll get to stay here for a while.
- Apple Picking- haven't researched where, but I would have to imagine that Pennsylvania's got a good spot.
- The Drive-in Movie Theater at Eakins Oval
- A Philadelphia Ghost Tour or Trolley Tour
- Some kind of event at the historic Laurel Hill Cemetery
- Reading Terminal Market Harvest Festival
- Finally throw that Halloween Party I've been wanting to have
We'll see. Maybe I'll just buy tons of Halloween candy and hoard it under my bed like I did when I was a kid. That might help.
Now, on to the real issue at hand: Cameron's hair.
I've been wanting him to cut it for a while now. But I guess there is just something liberating about not being in a military school anymore that makes him want it to grow and grow. We might as well make use of it for Halloween, right?
Given Cameron's shaggy hair, these are the costumes I have recommended to him. Check out the YouTube links below. But what do you, dear reader, suggest? Take my poll below.
Willy Wonka's my personal fav. But what does that leave me to dress up as? An Oompa Loompa?
Napoleon and Deb would be a great pairing.
Scooby and Shaggy!
Bob Ross . . . and a piece of art.









No comments:
Post a Comment