That is how I've felt about blogging lately.
As I have started this blog, there have been obstacles that have prevented me from actually getting it up and running.
I started coming up with all these fun blog ideas, and I even planned out the debut post -- the whole concept that I wanted to have a housewarming party on my blog!
But in order to do that, I'd first need to clean my house. I wanted to have pictures of a cute house. Not the messy . . . lived in version!
Next I'd need to edit those pictures to make the lighting better. (And take out a bag of trash. Shhh!)
Then, I realized I would probably need to start a whole new new blog. The HTML was so screwy on my last blog that fixing it seemed harder than just starting a new one.
So of course, I had to decide on decorative elements of this blog. Mainly, find a cute header picture. And while I took a basic HTML, CSS and JavaScript class in college. You'll notice that I haven't been brave enough to do anything cool with this blog. I'm not sure that I'm talented enough yet.
Then I would need to write the content. I love writing. I got into public relations because I wanted desperately to make a career of it. Blogging makes me better at noticing small happy things in life. However, I fear the quality of this post may not be as edited, polished, and professional as I want. But because I want to finally accomplish my goal of simply getting the blog up and running, this conversational and messy copy will have to do.
So here we are.
Welcome to my 6th blog!* Or rather . . . our first blog. I think Cameron is contemplating telling his side of the story from time to time too. Which shocks me. I didn't think he'd be on board for that. We'll see :)
And welcome to my online house party! This is our first home! There is something exciting about that!
We live in a little "in-laws" house close to old-town Fairfax. (Basically a small house on the property of a larger main home.) While we looked at other options, it is really fun to say our first home was an actual HOUSE!
We feel safe back here, but certainly have our fair share of wild-life. In addition to foxes, rabbits and birds, we get to share our house with critters like these. I've gotten fairly used to it.
We get water from the well . . . which sounds quaint and lovely, but no water bill comes with a little price. Let's just say I have learned about the effects of well-water on blonde hair.
You can learn a lot about people from their house. First of all, Cameron is trying to pick up the guitar.
And he is studying for the MCAT.
Our couch is so big it would only fit in our bedroom.
*Side note: I currently have five blogs on Blogger and one on Wordpress.
- One is more of a personal journal and very old
- Another blog was one I wrote during a phase of college life that was riddled with girlish problems
- Then I have my mission blog
- I started to write a semi-professional blog, but got too experimental with the HTML
- Then there is my portfolio on Wordpress
Now here we are!





No comments:
Post a Comment